by Ryan Grassie - May. 5, 2017 at 5:48pm
When it comes to your website there are certain things you should have and things to avoid. We can help your company determine the best path to take for your website.
Here are some important things to have and some to stay away from:
- DO invest in creating a professional and secure website for your business.
- DO make it possible to contact you easily from the homepage.
- DO bucket your content by theme and importance to your clients.
- DO add your social buttons and a company blog.
- DO add your business reviews and testimonials to your website homepage.
- DON’T underestimate the importance of an easy to navigate website to generate leads.
- DON’T bury or over complicate your contact form, this is an important part of your website.
- DON’T publish irrelevant content with too many links, videos on auto-play or distracting pop-ups.
- DON’T make it hard for a customer to find what they are looking for or they will leave within 30 seconds.
- DON’T miss out on updating content. Blogs should be updated frequently to help get your site crawled by search engines more often.
If you are an Ottawa business and need help with your website design, get in contact with us! We’re here to help!
by Ryan Grassie - Mar. 23, 2015 at 3:11pm
WordPress was originally designed as a platform for blogging but since then it has grown into an enterprise level CMS system. With a some modification it can be used to run your entire business website with or without a blog section (or call it news). The fact that WordPress was originally designed as a blogging platform gives it some compelling advantages over most other CMS systems.
It can be optimized for easily adding and changing your content content – even by non-technical users. Also getting good search engine rankings (SEO rankings) requires fresh and more importantly unique content being added on a regular basis. You need a content management system that does’nt get in your way when you want to update your business website with a new page or blog item.
So why is WordPress a good choice for your business website?
The Top Five Reasons to Use WordPress for Your Business Website
- SEO Rankings – WordPress provides great search engine optimization (SEO) stock right out of the box. There are a some tweaks we can make that make it even more powerful for your business. We have done this for many of our clients.
- Adding Content – it’s so easy to update content on your website without knowing any HTML coding. Do you hate the idea of having to learn a complex HTML editor tool like Dreamweaver? Do you have to ask your web guy every time you want to make a small change to your website? Once WordPress is set up for your business, you can easily create new pages or edit existing pages using a simple rich text editor. No coding skills necessary.
- Plugins and Extensions – There is a thriving community of developers creating themes and plug-ins. We can use these to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings or hundreds of other cool features without having to re-invent the wheel.
- Support – If you do have problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of WordPress developers out there. And there are so many people writing about WordPress that help is only a Google search away!
- Custom Look – You don’t have to have that templated look. Firms like ForceFive Media and others can tailor the look to be however you want it. Then you get all the great looks of a custom design with the rich feature set of a WordPress backend!
by Ryan Grassie - Jan. 13, 2015 at 3:14pm
While these styles have been around for a few years, these are some happening trends in graphic and web design for 2015 that we think will only get stronger this year.
Flat design has been around for a number of years but recently it has been gaining some ground. While flat design draws its influence from different styles of web based art it can be said that it was Apple’s 2012 release of its flagship IOS 7 that took flat design mainstream
Fullscreen Background Images & Motion Videos
Those Fullscreen background images are one of the major design trends for 2015. A perfect example of a great full screen video is airbnb.com. In just a few seconds you will travel around the globe via short videos to different cities, through various rooms on different vehicles. These short vids immerse you in Airbnb’s branding and give you an experience that really blows your socks off.
Parallax Scrolling Sites
Another web design trend for 2015 that is becoming very popular is called “parallax scrolling sites”. This technique came from the multi-plane camera technique used in more traditional animation and made popular by 2D computer graphics and video games. One example is the 1982 arcade game Moon Patrol.
Web designers continue to use designs with grid-like layouts. This may have been started by the ever-popular pintrest. The grid layout design creates a user experience that is fantastic for tangible product based websites. The layout allows users to quickly and easily view each item in a very structured way. It is also very mobile friendly and you can easily use your fingers to view and navigate these sites.
by Ryan Grassie - Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:55pm
It’s the 21st century, and the importance of having an impressive website is undeniable for any business. You can search for every one of your competitor’s website, and you’ll know which ones are doing the best simply by looking at their website.
You’re about to learn as to why hiring Ottawa WordPress designers will not only make your website more impressive than if you gave the work to someone else, but also cause your business to increase.
The first thing you should learn about is why WordPress is the preferred platform for creating business websites.
Why Use WordPress for Your Business?
There’s a good chance that the best looking of your competitor’s websites use WordPress at the technology to run their website. Most businesses are surprised to find out that a platform originally designed for blogging works amazingly for websites.
The true power in WordPress lies in its modular and extensible nature.
The base installation of WordPress is suited for a blog just as it would be a static website. You can modify the appearance of your URLs so that each page, to the untrained eye, looks exactly like a hand-made custom website page.
The real power, however, comes in with what WordPress can be made to do.
A WordPress Site is More Than Just a Website
At this time, there are just a little over 23,000 WordPress plugins available. Each one can modify or extend some aspect of WordPress.
Everything from rating pages and comments to integrating your website with forums for your customers to discuss topics on can be done with WordPress plugins.
The best way to get acquainted with WordPress is to see what it can do. That’s one that local Ottawa WordPress designers utilize the platform so much.
Ottawa WordPress Designers Know That Search Engines Love WordPress
The simple fact of the matter is that WordPress excels when it comes to on-page search engine optimization.
If you’re unfamiliar with the meaning behind that, it means that you’ll spend less time trying to rank highly in search engines. This results in more customers coming in to see your business sooner. It also means you’ll spend less money trying to rank highly for certain keywords that will profit your business.
The Very Best Part About WordPress
Without a doubt, the best part about WordPress is that it’s easy to use. You can design your own pages once you have a professional and astounding WordPress layout.
To see just how a WordPress website could affect your Ottawa business, contact your local Ottawa WordPress designers.