by Ryan Grassie - May. 5, 2017 at 5:48pm
When it comes to your website there are certain things you should have and things to avoid. We can help your company determine the best path to take for your website.
Here are some important things to have and some to stay away from:
- DO invest in creating a professional and secure website for your business.
- DO make it possible to contact you easily from the homepage.
- DO bucket your content by theme and importance to your clients.
- DO add your social buttons and a company blog.
- DO add your business reviews and testimonials to your website homepage.
- DON’T underestimate the importance of an easy to navigate website to generate leads.
- DON’T bury or over complicate your contact form, this is an important part of your website.
- DON’T publish irrelevant content with too many links, videos on auto-play or distracting pop-ups.
- DON’T make it hard for a customer to find what they are looking for or they will leave within 30 seconds.
- DON’T miss out on updating content. Blogs should be updated frequently to help get your site crawled by search engines more often.
If you are an Ottawa business and need help with your website design, get in contact with us! We’re here to help!
by Ryan Grassie - May. 3, 2017 at 7:38pm
Email marketing allows you to reach your target audience with content that is valuable and relevant to them. Consumers receive a variety of marketing emails each day, which means you need to know how to make the most of your email. Here are a few tips to get you started on email marketing:
This part of the email determines whether or not your customer will open the email, which means it must be perfect! Try to keep it short and simple, but powerful enough to grab their attention. You can try asking a question or using emojis to keep them guessing.
Your company logo should be displayed here, as this is the first thing customers will see once they open the email. You might also want to include a tagline. It’s a good idea to hire a graphic designer to set up your email template for you, so your company can look as professional and on brand as possible.
This is the main content of the email. Try to keep sentences and paragraphs short to make sure all the information is read by the customer. Here you can include images, videos, illustrations, bold text, or bulleted lists to keep them engaged. Always double check your sentence structure and grammar as this is a representation of your company.
Include a line with the name of your company, your website URL and contact information. This will give your customers the opportunity to contact you directly if they wish, or visit your website to find out more about the company.
Directly below your signature, most people have social icons that link to social media accounts. This is helpful because it gives customers another chance to interact with and learn more about your company and updates that may be relevant to them.
If you’re thinking of creating an email template for you company, we can help! Contact us today to learn more.