by Ryan Grassie - Apr. 7, 2017 at 6:54pm
Social media channels are extremely useful for companies to interact with customer or potential customers, to create brand awareness amongst thousands of people and to share important content about their business, service or product.
Most business owners know it’s important to implement a social media strategy into their marketing plan, but very few know how to go about it. Here are some tips on where to start:
- Educate yourself – just like any marketing initiative in the digital world there are always new things to learn about social media. Taking the time to learn about every different channel will help you determine which ones will work best for your company.
- Remember branding – it is important to have all your channels follow your company’s branding guidelines. This could involve resizing your logo to have as your display photo or create on brand banner images for your social pages.
- Write a plan – this is key to stay on track and consistent with your posting. Start with figuring out what your keywords will be, so you have an idea of what kind of posts you will be forming. Next create a social calendar where you can mark what post will be going out each day – you can try doing this a month or two in advance if that works for you.
- Set time each day – it may seem like you won’t need to monitor your social channels each day, but this can be a full time job! Set a time each day where you will sit down, monitor your channels and interact with customers, this will help build you social presence.
- Ask for help – because this can be a full time job, it’s okay to ask for help. Hire a social media manager that can help you stay on top of your social presence. We offer social media services and would love to help all businesses build a successful following on social media.
Contact us today to chat about what we can do for you and your social presence!